Hi,

Possibly the error is in the email destination, inexistent user for
example, or in the outlook.

Outlook or Outlook Express? Same version?
Is a permanent error for this users?
Any email sent for these customers is denied?
Try send mail to self only?

I have problems with Outlook with some customers, after install the
last office service pack the problem solved, not xmail related.

Don=B4t remember now, but AllowSmtpVRFY check the email, if i correct,
try to set AllowSmtpVRFY to 0. Somebody speaks if I will be wrong.

Run the xmail with -Sl parameter and check the log files under the
"logs" folder.

   Ana Paula

On 4/11/07, Rosario Pingaro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi list,
> I have a network of around 1000 customers and I use xmail 1.24 for my smt=
p services.

> In around 2 weeks I had two cases of customers reporting not being able t=
o send mails. Their outlook responded with an error "recipient's email addr=
ess not valid" and code 550 relay denind.
> The workaround for this was changing their public ip. At the moment I am =
not able to explain why the smtp server responded with 550 giving the fact =
that I don't have a spam filter on the smtp and also the ip for sure into t=
he relay list because it is a part of a big subnet.