At the moment ive started toying with the source some.

I am still torn between working on xmail vs switching to a different mail
server.

My thoughts so far.
* My first concern with no active development is, Are there any security
issues hiding.
* I haven't found any in the wild exploits against the current release of
xmail.
** Doesn't mean it Doesn't exist.
* I have no experience with any other mail server.

* I don't have time to do a ton of matinance support on my own for a mail
server
* I have no windows machines to test with (YAY !?)

Things i would want to do if taking this on would be..
* Get some sort of thumbs up or feedback from Davide Libenzi.
* Recompile for testing with asan + ubsan + tsan. As they can spot a lot of
potential security issues. (Not aware of any myself)
* Conduct fuzzing testing.
* Change the server setup to run as an unprivileged user by default / with
ease.
* Look for current bug reports,  as at the moment, I know of none.

So my first question is,   is there even a wish list?  or any known
security or bug issues to be dealt with?

I am interested in feedback on this stuff.

I would keep any security issues confidential until a patching method was
available and merely state if i knew of one.
I do not at this time know of any.

eadthem