just to add it's the xgl version.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Duncan Morison
Sent: 21 November 2002 23:04
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Xmame] joypad problems:

joypad works fine for everything else

Box is running redhat 8.0 and I have done modprobe joydev

xmms and the gxmame GUI for example but completely ignored by xmame, here's
some more info:

when running GUI with joystick support:
joydev 1

when running GUI with joystick support:
joydev 0

when running the actual xmane app either with or w/out GUI joystick support:
joydev 0

so that would explain why it don't work.

in the controllers preferences there are two options that allow me to point
to /dev/js0 :
i386 or new i386 1.xx

others are:
none
FM town pad
PS2 linux
netbsd usb
x11
SDL

tried them all and none will give me a joydev 1.

xmms does actually work and also when starting xmame from gxmame it states
as part of the startup:
Message: xmame: I386 joystick interface initialization...
Message: xmame: OSD: Warning: No joysticks found disabling joystick support

when I start gxmame with joystick support I get:
Message: Joystick THRUSTMASTER FireStorm Dual Power 2 found

so what do you reckon:
a) my system?
b) gxmame passing bad values to xmame
c) xmame