Pieter Hulshoff wrote:

Hello all,

It's a rather complicated problem I'm experiencing, so I didn't really know in which mailinglist to put this. I hope someone here can help.

I'm using a HotRodSE (Hanaho arcade joystick) under XFree86. Normally you can attach a keyboard to the HotRodSE, but for my arcade cabinet I did not do this. In SuSE 8.2 this worked without any problems, but in SuSE 9.1 it does not. The front-end I use doesn't react to any of the HotRodSE's buttons. If at that point I attach a keyboard however, the HotRodSE's keys suddenly start working, and continue to work even after disconnecting the keyboard again.

Anyone got an idea of what might be causing this? I really don't want to have to keep a keyboard inside my arcade machine (when I get around to building it;).

Regards,

Pieter Hulshoff

Hi,

Adding the kernel parameter 'i8042.dumbkbd' solved this problem for me (using a X-Arcade).

Arjen.