hi there:

having tried MacMame on my other machine, i am now desperately wanting
to get Xmame to work on my Linux box as its faster than my old mac.

anyway, i downloaded the three rpms as below from
http://tettnang.freshrpms.net/

xmame-0.83.1-1.1.fc2.fr.i386.rpm
xmame-roms-0.83.1-1.1.fc2.fr.i386.rpm
xmame-x11-0.83.1-1.1.fc2.fr.i386.rpm

while trying to install the xmame-0.83.1, i got a dependency problem
asking something like 'xmame-bin'. so i tried xmame-x11-0.83.1. it
installed ok no errors. but while trying to start xmame by typing
'xmame' in the terminal did not work, i installed the first two rpms. so
i now got all three of them installed.

now when i type 'xmame' at the terminal, i got the follow:

DGA requires root rights
Use of DGA-modes is disabled
info: trying to parse: /usr/share/xmame/xmamerc
info: trying to parse: /home/sonicvariable/.xmame/xmamerc
info: trying to parse: /usr/share/xmame/xmame-x11rc
info: trying to parse: /home/sonicvariable/.xmame/xmame-x11rc
info: trying to parse: /usr/share/xmame/rc/pacmanrc
info: trying to parse: /home/sonicvariable/.xmame/rc/pacmanrc
Mouse/Trakball selected.
done
pacman.6e    NOT FOUND
pacman.6f    NOT FOUND
pacman.6h    NOT FOUND
pacman.6j    NOT FOUND
pacman.5e    NOT FOUND
pacman.5f    NOT FOUND
82s123.7f    NOT FOUND
82s126.4a    NOT FOUND
82s126.1m    NOT FOUND
82s126.3m    NOT FOUND
ERROR: required files are missing, the game cannot be run.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] sonicvariable]$ su -
Password:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# xmame
info: trying to parse: /usr/share/xmame/xmamerc
info: trying to parse: /root/.xmame/xmamerc
info: trying to parse: /usr/share/xmame/xmame-x11rc
info: trying to parse: /root/.xmame/xmame-x11rc
info: trying to parse: /usr/share/xmame/rc/pacmanrc
info: trying to parse: /root/.xmame/rc/pacmanrc
Mouse/Trakball selected.
done
pacman.6e    NOT FOUND
pacman.6f    NOT FOUND
pacman.6h    NOT FOUND
pacman.6j    NOT FOUND
pacman.5e    NOT FOUND
pacman.5f    NOT FOUND
82s123.7f    NOT FOUND
82s126.4a    NOT FOUND
82s126.1m    NOT FOUND
82s126.3m    NOT FOUND
ERROR: required files are missing, the game cannot be run.

what went wrong? is there a gui front end of xmame that i need to
install too?

any thanks

yours

CHUN