On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 07:06:55AM +0200, Stefan Behnel wrote:
> Daniel Veillard, 10.08.2012 04:42:
> >   Following the first rc0 snapshot from last week and after much cleanup
> > and testing, the first release candidate for the next libxml2 release is
> > available at the usual place:
> > [...]
> >   As stated previously, I target a final release beginning of September,
> > and will probably make an rc2 release around a week from now fixing
> > what have been reported in the meantime.
>
> Could you say something about the likeliness of the (second) timsort patch
> being integrated for 2.9? It would provide a very serious improvement to
> the XPath performance, including various cases where the current
> performance is totally unacceptable.

  Yeah, sure that's something I would like to add. I'm still pondering
between keping the header mostly as-is or trying to refactor it as
internal routines in xpath.c . But that doesn't touch the APIs and
isn't security related so was slightly less urgent than everything else
so far. I will definitely look at it :-)

  BTW do you have a git commit for 2.9.0 preparation in lxml now ? I may
forward this to the packager for Fedora.

Daniel

dan...@veillard.com  | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/