On Thu, 2012-07-19 at 14:42 +0100, stuart shepherd wrote:
> That last email went off a bit early.
>
> I'm guesing it's something to do with having elements within the text, but
> it doesn't look to be replacing anything but rather adding in the replace
> value multiple times, is there a way round this.

<xsl:template match='//control[name="MatGrp1Ch1Pend"]/enum/text()'>

is awfully odd - you're matching text nodes that are immediate children
of enum elements.
Since the enum element looks like
<enum>
you're matching the whietspace between the enum and the enumitem tags,
and then the whitespace between the enumitem elements.

I don't really understand what you want, but this is probably not part
of the solution....

Liam

Co-author, 5th edition of "Beginning XML", Wrox, July 2012