On 22 Sep 2016, at 17:29, Hussein Shafie wrote:

Leif Halvard Silli also wrote:
Btw, yes, my MacBook has a retina monitor. However, I often connect my MacBook to an external monitor - which does not have a retina screen. Right now I am not connected to that monitor. I will hook up to that monitor and make a new brief test.

Btw, as for Java, I have the recommended version from Java.com - version 8 update 101. And it does not seem like I have Apple Java installed at all.

BUT...the info you sent us shows that XMLmind XML Editor is using an Apple Java 6 runtime installed somewhere on your computer:
---
<h2>Java™ runtime</h2>
<ul>
<li>Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.6.0_65</li>
<li>Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 20.65-b04-468</li>
<li>Mac OS X 10.11.6 x86_64</li>
<li>apple.awt.CToolkit</li>
</ul>
---

Please uninstall the Apple Java 6 runtime by running the following commands in a Terminal:

---
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk
sudo rm -rf /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0*.jdk
---

and the issue you have reported should go away. We can say that because we have tested this solution on a Retina Mac connected to a secondary non-Retina screen like your Eizo.

Thanks for your help and patience! Did as you recommended and the issue is now gone. Voila!
--
leif halvard silli

--
XMLmind XML Editor Support List