On 10/20/2016 08:18 PM, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
On 18 Oct 2016, at 18:47, Hussein Shafie wrote:

    Maïlys C. wrote:

        After an upgrade to version 7 in last july, it is no longer
        possible use
        the shortcut "ctrl + shift + s" to display the XML Source of my
        documents.
        The source can still be displayed via the menu /View/ but using a
        shortcut was very handy. Is there another shortcut instead? If not,
        would it be possible to put it back?

    I'm sorry to say that this is not a bug but simply a regression due
    to other major changes in the "Edit source" add-on. See
    http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/changes.html#v7.0.0

    As of version 7, there is simply no shortcut like "ctrl + shift + s"
    to switch to the XML source view.

    Of course, on Windows and on Linux, but not on the Mac, it's always
    possible to switch to the XML source view by pressing "Alt + V + 3"
    ("V" like the "V"iew menu, "3" because "3" is the underlined
    mnemonic of menu item "3 XML source").

3, then, for XHTML documents, I have got a «See info about includeded
element» submenu, before the source menu submenu - I am not sure, right
now, what that new menu does, however.

Maïlys C. authors DocBook document so her "View" menu may contain different items.

If you run XXE v7+, the "Show info about included elements" is added only if you turn on the feature called "Enable the Developer Tools". See "Incompatibilities" in http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/changes.html#v7.0.0

When this is the case, "Show info about included elements" is menu item #3 and "XML source" becomes menu item #4.

Anyhow, as for Mac, then one may click on the "View" menu and then type
"4" (or "3", if that new submenu does not turn up) and then
"Enter/Return" - this will open the source view.

Yes, but you still have to first *click* the "View" menu. Maïlys C. wants to switch to the XML source view only by using the keyboard.

But, again speaking about the Mac, then MacOS (and OSX) allows us to add
shortcuts to /any/ submenu of /any/ program. Unfortunately, this does
not work for XML Mind. Would it be possible to get support for that
feature in the XML Mind editors? For instance NeoOffice (which as much
as I have understood is a Java-based port of OpenOffice to MacOS) does
support such manually added shortcuts.

I didn't know this MacOS feature. How to support it in a Java application is, to our knowledge, not documented. (How to integrate a Java application to MacOS is documented. We used this documentation to implement XXE.)

---
PS: The "Known problem" below may interest you because you have reported it.

We very recently tried to solve it by carefully re-reading the aforementioned documentation and failed miserably.

http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/known_problems.html#problems_on_mac
---
* On the Mac, double-clicking on a file which should be opened by XXE (e.g. a ".dita" file) starts the application (or brings its window to front if it's already started) but does not cause the file to be opened in the editor.

No workaround. Seems to be a Java™ bug.
---

--
XMLmind XML Editor Support List