I expected XXE to support the [xml:lang](https://www.w3.org/TR/2008/REC-xml-20081126/#sec-lang-tag) in any document - even in documents of which XXE have no clue.

However, when working on one of the informal <messages> document (for localization, e.g. of the ditac files), I noticed that the spell checker treated the text as if English. Thus, for unknown documents, the spell checker works, but it ignores the xml:lang attribute.

Can this be fixed?

Here is how I expect the spellcheker to work: For unknown files, XXE only have two views: unstyled view and source view. For known files, the spell checker (I use the HunSpell checker) is operating both in unstyled view as well in styled views. But in source view, it does not work. Thus, for unknown documents, I expected the spell checker to function in unstyled view - but not in source view.

Leif Halvard Silli
--
XMLmind XML Editor Support List
xmleditor-support@xmlmind.com