On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 8:40 PM, Michele Spelta <aspelt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> in particular I want to build a collection like songs not played in
> the last week and then use this to feed a pshuffle playlist.
> now whenever I try to use laststarted property in a search I am forced
> to use a fixed number as a reference, which means I get all songs
> never played in the last week today but tomorrow this collection will
> not be updated. is there a way of using some relative time reference?
> I am using the client coming with xmms itself (for now this is good
> enough)

Put a client in startup.d that keeps the collection updated. That way
you have the flexibility of taking more characteristics into account
if the need arises. Something that does what you want shouldn't be
more than a handful of lines of Python.

If you're not familiar with Python I can help you out with the script.

--
Daniel Svensson