On Sun, 20 Nov 2016 12:36:19 +0100
Michele Spelta <aspelt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I see there was a script for doing the update of the medialib, but
> the link is broken.

Is the link you are talking about the link to
http://nooms.de/media/xmms2-mlib-update.py on
https://xmms2.org/wiki/Contribs#Medialib_updater?

> now just remove all entries no longer in the filesystem and add all
> the new ones can be good, but if possible I would also like to just
> change the url in case the file was just moved.
> also having this in the standard client would be good I suppose

There is xmms2-mlib-updater in the main source tree at
https://git.xmms2.org/xmms2/xmms2-devel/tree/src/clients/medialib-updater,
but I'm not sure if it handles moves gracefully.

Anyway, it can be configured using
  $ xmms2 server config clients.mlibupdater.watch_dirs "${dir?}"
and you can either start it manually or with a
symlink in ~/.config/xmms2/startup.d.

On Debian this is available in the package
xmms2-client-medialib-updater. See
https://packages.debian.org/jessie/xmms2-client-medialib-updater.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,