On 20 September 2014 22:33, dmg <d...@uvic.ca> wrote:
> Vivotab note 8

This is an interesting device! I was thinking to get an Microsoft
Surface Pro3 or this large 13.1" Sony ebook reader.
But both are much more expensive devices.
Do you plan to operate it under linux? If so, are you aware of a touch
/ touch-pen friendly window manager.
To be honest, I saw Windows 8 on the surface pro2 and from the few
minutes I spend with it,  I had the impression that it was very well
designed for tablet usage. Nice softkeyboard, wide buttons for big
fingers and a lot of little tools which make use of the digitizer and
touch-based interaction.
I looked around but found nothing similar under Linux. There are some
tools and some programs, but nothing well integrated in a overall
window manager.

The other question I have, is the screen size right? To correct a A4
based paper I would looking for a bigger screen. Basically, my
annotations should have a similar size compared to the written text.
Is this possible on a 8 inch screen without loosing track of the
entire page layout due to constantly zooming in and out or panning
around like crazy?

I would think this device is a nice compromise between price and
mobility on one side and usage as a lecturer tool on the other side.
Just would like to now if it still can be used as a lecturer tool.

Would be glad if you could share you experience with the device.

Thanks for posting this.

Torsten

CC. The device is about 311 Euro in Germany... I will never understand
this price difference between Europe and US prices.