Hi Torsten,

I have answered your questions below. And i realized that i really don't
have time to start writing on this again, but i would be happy to answer
any other questions, or help debugging.

Hope it helps.

> Hi again,
> I gave it a try again.
> I still struggle to get it working. However, it could be due to my tiling
> window manager (i3wm).
> 1. I did not find a way to get the second screen really in full screen. I
> always end up with some gray boarders.
I also use a tiling wm (awesome) and i tend to always use the fullscreen
function of it instead of the app. But there is as of yet no button to make
it go fullscreen.

> 2. I can see a kind of frame but independently of what I choice from the
> lower right selection box, it seems not to fit and the frame is not fitting
> to the slides (created by LaTeX Beamer).
In the lower right selection box, only 'top left corner' is implemented
completely yet.

> 3. I have no idea what the pencil button is for, seems to have no effect
 It is the toggle for the pointer indicator on the child window. Except for
now it only works if you hide and show the child window first.

> in both windows.
Yes, this was by request, because i was writing this for a job at the time.
It should be a setting somewhere, but i didn't have time to implement it
that way.

> Would be very glad if someone could tell me how it should work, if he can
> reproduce the problems, or simply tell me that this problems might be on my
> side.
> Thanks
> Torsten
> On 13 October 2016 at 15:19, Torsten Wagner <torsten.wag...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> I am not a developer but I am highly interested in this.
>> For the moment I use Xorg capabilities to show a part of the main
>> screen on the secondary screen. This works surprisingly well but
>> requires tweaking whenever the display resolution of the projector
>> changes.
>> In addition to have a second screen I would love to have the feature
>> to "freeze" the second screen thus, it allows me to scroll through the
>> pages without confusing the audience. Or to do annotations and update
>> them in one go on the second screen.
>> Other then this, there was a friendly fork which included a side-bar
>> to show the slides in a scrolling list. I modified the code a bit to
>> make those thumbnails a bit bigger, which allows me nicely move up and
>> down the list to select a certain slide/page. Would really be happy to
>> have this two features within xournal.
Xournal-devel mailing list