Hi Jonas,

> it seems that there are currently no device files provided for the STM32F100
> family.

We haven’t been working with the F1 yet, so a lot of background things are
missing, like a tested linker- and startup script.
You’d also have to check the peripheral implementations, since the F1 is quite
old and probably has slightly different register layouts compared to the F3/F4.
Unless you have some experience with stuff like that, it will probably be
pretty hard to add support for the F100 right now, sorry.

> It is advised to edit xpcc/tools/DeviceFileGenerator to modify existing or
> add new devices. However, it is unclear to me how to do so.

I haven’t had the time yet to document the DFG.
However, understanding the DFG is not extremely important, as the device files
can (and need to) be edited manually.
It’s just a rather complicated “short-circuit” for generating _all_ possible
device files.

BUT: the DFG can already generate device files for all all STM32F*, but they
are more than we can write support for or test with our small team ;-)

> Can you provide me with some help to add support for the STM32F100 family?

Here is a dump of all the newest device files that the DFG can generate:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mocxy5jbrth68ad/xml.zip

You can simply unzip this folder and replace the
`xpcc/src/architecture/platform/xml` folder with it.
The device file that fits the STM32F100RBT6B is probably the
stm32f100_101_102_103-c_r_t-4_6.xml.

But without the proper linker- and startup script, there is no point in the
device file, sorry to disappoint…

Cheers,
Niklas