On Fri, 2002-01-04 at 02:13, Paulo Vitor Magacho da Silva wrote:
> Em Qui 03 Jan 2002 11:53, you wrote:
> >
> > That shouldn't be needed, the tdfx module that comes with kernel 2.4.12
> > should work. I suspect there's some kind of version conflict with the
> > client libraries. Hard to tell without any real info though.
>
> First, sorry for the very long email that I am sending.
> So you are saying that I don't need the tdfx_dri.so file anymore ?

It's what libGL uses for the hardware rendering, so yes, it's still very
much needed. :) That said, I know next to nothing about Conectiva but my
impression is that it's a fairly reasonable distribution so I'd expect
them to provide means to find out which package contains it.

Everything looks good as far as the X server is concerned. To get some
debugging information run glxinfo (or any GL client for that matter)
with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose.