> Maybe this could be an alternate solution, can i force X to run on tty1?  So
> if a Ctrl-Alt-F1 occured nothing would happen since they are already on 1?

Hmm, actually, I don't see why you couldn't disable all the gettys & run
[xwgk]dm as a display manager, which will take the first "free" VTY, if none
is specified.

So, just run a display manager out of a startup script at boottime, without
specifying a VTY for it to run on, and it'll start on the first VTY.

Which, thinking about it, might be why no-one implemented 'DontSwitch'.
Because it's not necessary - as soon as X is a one-way trip, you may as well
not have a text mode console at all because you have no way of getting back to
it once X is running - so don't run a text console, just start a display
manager instead :)

I'd suggest that you don't disable Ctrl+Alt+Backspace though, so that if the X
server wedged for any reason, you (the user) could re-start it.

I don't know about the others, but I know that wdm supports a default user
(including password), which might also be useful in a kiosk mode.

Cheers,

AS