On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Verduzco Jesus Alberto wrote:

>  Hello
>
>    I am interested in the operation of xinerama
>    Let us suppose the following, xinerama with two
> monitor D1 and D2.
>
>    That it happens?
>
>    * When a  xterm window is created and it only is
> showed on D1?

    When a window is created, it is created on both screens but
with different locations.  It is at some location outside of the
visible screen on D2, and subsequently clipped away.

>    * the xterm window will be created only on D1 ?
>
>     Later time the xterm window is modified ...
>
>    * Moved to D2?

   It is moved on both.  It moves offscreen on D1 and onscreen on D2.

>    * Resized, and now the xterm window is showed on D1
> and D2?
>

>    * all rendering requests are sent to D1 and D2 ?

  All rendering requests are duplicated and sent to both screens
all the time.  If the window is not visible, rendering simply
clipped away as it normally would when rendering to a window that
is not visible.  There were optimizations made to XAA to try to
determine the fully-clipped case early on, since this is expected
to be a common case with Xinerama.

>    * How XGetImage() subdivides the image transfers
> along screen boundaries ?

    Starting with screen 0.  It gets as much as it can from
screen 0.  If it hasn't gotten it all, it moves along to the
next screen to see if there is more there and so on.

                        Mark.