Mark

     Thanks for your answer, neverthless I have other
doubts:

      Let us retake the previous scene, xinerama with
two screens D1 and D2.

    "All rendering requests are duplicated and sent to
both screens
all the time.  If the window is not visible, rendering
simply
clipped away as it normally would when rendering to a
window that
is not visible."

    * What is exactly the clipped operation?
    * On  the Screen D2 (where the xterm window is not
visible),  how
      the xterm window is stored (a set of rendering
request or
      a set of pixels)?  Where these data are stored?

I was reading the Xinerama  documentation : " A region
( XineramaScreenRegiosn[i] is initialized for each
physical screen, and single region (
PanoramiXScreenRegion) is initialized
to be the union of the screen regions."

What the regions are used for ?

Appreciate your help

          ThanX

       Jesus

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Verduzco Jesus Alberto wrote:

>  Hello
>
>    I am interested in the operation of xinerama
>    Let us suppose the following, xinerama with two
> monitor D1 and D2.
>
>    That it happens?
>
>    * When a  xterm window is created and it only is
> showed on D1?

    When a window is created, it is created on both
screens but
with different locations.  It is at some location
outside of the
visible screen on D2, and subsequently clipped away.

>    * the xterm window will be created only on D1 ?
>
>     Later time the xterm window is modified ...
>
>    * Moved to D2?

   It is moved on both.  It moves offscreen on D1 and
onscreen on D2.

>    * Resized, and now the xterm window is showed on
D1
> and D2?
>

>    * all rendering requests are sent to D1 and D2 ?

  All rendering requests are duplicated and sent to
both screens
all the time.  If the window is not visible, rendering
simply
clipped away as it normally would when rendering to a
window that
is not visible.  There were optimizations made to XAA
to try to
determine the fully-clipped case early on, since this
is expected
to be a common case with Xinerama.

>    * How XGetImage() subdivides the image transfers
> along screen boundaries ?

    Starting with screen 0.  It gets as much as it can
from
screen 0.  If it hasn't gotten it all, it moves along
to the
next screen to see if there is more there and so on.

                        Mark.