On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 11:39:42AM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
On Thu, 2002-10-31 at 02:16, José Fonseca wrote:
People which are interested in having these drivers see the light of day
(I know that the Savage chip is common on laptops and AFAIK there no
nVidia proprietary drivers for non-Linux non-x86 platforms) are surely welcome to help, as they can turn this small project of mine in something definite.
Count me in as much as I can help. I can make the hardware sing but I
know zilch about the Mesa end of things. I'm also interested in Voodoo2
since its for many people the best video card you can shove in old hppa
boxes and in sis 6326 (because its a good simplicity test)

The Voodoo 2 specs are available from http://www.medex.hu/~danthe/tdfx/
. I don't know what's the current state of the tdfx driver in respect
with Voodoo 2. The tdfx driver is quite different from any other driver
because it uses the Glide library and everything is done by PIO on the
client side. Several times it was manifested the interest in bringing
the tdfx driver up to its pairs level and cut the Glide umbilical cord
but nothing was done in that sense.

I don't know much about SIS 6326. I know that there is some deprecated
(it hasn't been updated for the architectural changes) support for SIS 630 chips on the CVS.

José Fonseca