> Note that ATI 3D Rage Mobility is listed under _supported_ (there are two
> lists in that paragraph, the first are unsupported and the second are
> supported).  I should make this more clear on the site, but there are
> cards called "3D Rage XXX", _without_ "Pro"  in the name that have only
> very limited 3D capabilities -- i.e. texturing, but no triangle setup.
> AFAIK, all "Rage Mobility" cards using mach64 are of the "Pro" variety and
> have triangle setup.
>
> > How am I going to paly Tux Racer if they are not supported :-(
> >
> > Well, time for the big one ! Download, build and install - I may need
> > some help here :-) pretty please !
>
> Sure, I can help.  Also, have a look at the docs and FAQs on
> dri.sourceforge.net.

Leif,

this is very, very cool. Uhhh. I note you don't have BSD support yet.
What would it take to frob up a drm driver?

If there were one of those, wouldn't it be possible to use the binary
ATI drivers from your website? After all, the (ostensibly) Linux GATOS
ATI modules run just fine on FreeBSD (I use 'em to get 'xv').

Cheers,

AS