In order to work on something that had broken my existing xubuntu 16.04.1
install, I installed another copy in a new partition.  I wound up back with
a problem I had gotten rid of in the original, but that I don't think has
been properly fixed.  It first showed up when I switched from
14.04.something to a fresh install of 16.04.1.

I don't know if it matters, but I'm running 3 monitors, and use workspace
switcher in my panel to have 4 copes of a very wide desktop, all on an Asus
Z97 Deluxe mobo with an Intel core i7 processor, so graphics is on the CPU
and mobo -- no add-in card -- and a driver for intel.

The problem is that when the driver blanks the screens, I cannot get back
into the system.  Most of the things you'd expect to bring it back with the
keyboard or mouse do nothing visible at all.  I am able to get to what
looks like a login with C-A-Delete, but after logging in the screens
quickly blank again without ever getting to my desktop.  The "login" says
"rescue" in the upper left corner, and I'm not sure what that means.  It
does have a button that allows me to reboot, after which things are back to
working.

The only solution I have found on my main install of xubuntu is to use the
Display widget in the whisker menu to keep the screens alive at all times.
I don't like this, but it works.

So the question: has anybody else seen this?  Is there already a bug?

--
Kevin O'Gorman
#define QUESTION ((bb) || (!bb))   /* Shakespeare */