On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 11:34 AM, MR ZenWiz <mrzen...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 7:53 AM, Kevin O'Gorman <kogor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On Sun, Jan 8, 2017 at 4:45 AM, Ulli Horlacher <
> frams...@rus.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:

> back
> with the
> >>
> >> Try:
> >> Ctrl-Alt-F1
> >
> > Gets me to a command console.  But it doesn't help much because
> >>
> >> Ctrl-Alt-F7
> >
> > just takes me back to the black screen.
> >
> > I've got it stopped by not letting the screens go blank. using power
> preferences.
> >

> I was having this exact same problem a few weeks ago.  With the latest
> (or second latest) update I pulled down, it stopped.
>
> Is your system fully up to date?
>
> I'm running Xubuntu 16.04.1 with the 4.4.0.57 kernel on an ASRock Z97
> Pro4 mobo, i7-4790K with 16Gb RAM and the on-board video, i915 driver.
>
> Dunno if that's any help....
> MR
>

> I'm fully up-to-date, but I've been running with blanking disabled for
months so of course it doesn't happen.  I'll re-enable, and see what
happens.

I'm running almost a very similar configuration, except it's Z97 deluxe. 32
GB, and I'm not sure what i915 is, but my video driver is
xserver-xorg-video-intel, version 2:2.99.917+git20160325-1ubuntu1.2

--
Kevin O'Gorman
#define QUESTION ((bb) || (!bb))   /* Shakespeare */