On 06/19/2017 06:34 PM, Apurv Jyotirmay wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got a Xubuntu 16.04 LTS installation as my primary system, but the
> system has started to lag a lot. Earlier everything would go smoothly,
> but now lightDM would take about a 40 seconds to show after booting up,
> then Firefox would start to lag over time and it doesn't matter if I
> restart Firefox 54, the sluggishness isn't solved. Google Chrome takes
> around 2 minutes to launch and be usable, every single time I would run
> it. And then the performance issue gradually increases forcing me to
> restart the system to get smoother performance.

I'm glad (poor word to use) to see someone else has the same problem.
I'm on an old Dell Latitude D810 with only 2GB of memory, so I had
assumed it was just OS bloat. Which is a pity if so, as 15.04 flew along
like a bird.

I get the exact symptoms described above. It's workable once running,
but there's a lot of swapping going on. I don't know if it's
applications hogging memory or the OS.

///Peter