Dropbox says they are dropping support for ecryptfs. They say support is provided for,

 * "Linux:  Ubuntu 14.04 or higher, Fedora 21 or higher
     o The Dropbox folder will need to be on an ext4-formatted hard drive or
       partition
     o Note: ecryptfs is not supported, but Dropbox will continue to sync
       with supported file systems that are encrypted via full disk
       encryption (e.g. LUKS)

Reference:

   https://www.dropbox.com/help/desktop-web/system-requirements
   short url: https://is.gd/cwfR4w

Am I reading this correctly, that if one encrypts a partition, as opposed to a whole drive, that Dropbox won't work anymore?

Alternatives?

FWIW: I use Dropbox because it works across OSes, i.e., Linux, Windows, and Droids. Files saved to the Dropbox cloud are encrypted by me before uploading.

--
Roger
linux....@gmail.com