On 25/08/18 00:06, nomedarosa9 wrote:
hello, friends!
I'm still learning how to use Linux so I wanna know more about upgrading, since my 16.04 version is already receiving notifications about 18.04.

Others have warned against 18.04 and some have said it works for them.
I moved off Xubuntu to Mint 18 running Enlightenment so I'm an edge case and can't comment :-)

is there anything I should take care with? will I lose any files upon upgrading?

No, upgrades don't touch user files so they should be fine (stuff in /home/thiago or wherever your home directory is), but as Spass suggested, it's always a good idea to back up regularly anyway.

If you have manually changed anything in the rest of the system (eg in /usr or /etc), that will get overwritten, so you need to have copies if you want to reapply the same changes afterwards.

///Peter