On 11/5/20 5:43 AM, tobias schwibingerr wrote:
> hello
> the software
> which is not updating itself
> is no snap.
> sorry.
> example: claws.
>
> Regards
> and Thank You
>
> Sophie
>

> Am Donnerstag, 22. Oktober 2020, 19:20:12 MESZ hat Victor Forberger
> <vforber...@fastmail.fm> Folgendes geschrieben:
>

> On 10/22/20 11:41 AM, tobias schwibingerr wrote:
>
>> I have the same problem.
>> Every week I do update/upgrade all
>> but some software does not update.
>>
>> Regards Sophie
>>

>> Am Donnerstag, 22. Oktober 2020, 03:04:13 MESZ hat Juan De Mola
>> <juandem...@claro.net.do <mailto:juandem...@claro.net.do>> Folgendes
> geschrieben:
>>

>> sudo apt update
>>
>> El 18/10/20 a las 6:20 p. m., avengethecathars escribió:
>> Hello!
>> Novice user here. I am stumped trying to update my firefox browser. I
>> downloaded the tar.bz file, but not sure what to do (extract?) or use
>> the software center.
>> I also tried the directions for installing in ubuntu and installing
>> flatpack via a terminal, but failed but I am not sure why.
>> Could someone talk me through the steps?
>> Yours
>> P. G.
>

> Some software is now installed as snaps, and I have noticed on one
> computer that this snap update process is running separately via
> Software center (which is itself a snap app).
>
> At the command line:
>
> to see list of installed snap apps
> $snap list
>
> # to update installed snap apps
> $sudo snap refresh
>
> - Victor

The terminal commands to update are:

$ sudo apt-get update

Then

$ sudo apt-get upgrade

If new files are to be installed, like new Linux kernels, the upgrade
command is

$ sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Finally, if you want more control over your software updating (a GUI to
see various connections and sources, try Synaptic)

$ sudo apt-get install synaptic

I have a brief mention of synaptic in my review of Xubuntu 18.04 at
https://linuxatty.wordpress.com/2018/07/23/review-galago-pro-from-system-76-and-xubuntu-18-04-bionic-beaver/

- Victor

Victor Forberger
vforber...@fastmail.fm