Hello Mason,

  Please note that the xul-talk mailinglist is
chartered to cover XML UI language issues touching
more than one XUL/XUI/XAML/XForms
motor/browser/runtime/player/etc.

  If you are looking for hands on advice please
consider reposting your question to XUL motor specific
lists such as Mozilla XUL @

> Basically, I want to create a kind of kiosk-like
> media player that can play
> some movies, some flash, some slide shows, maybe
> display a few
> pre-determined web pages, etc., and all of this
> needs to work on Linux or
> FreeBSD.

  You might wonna look into Mono and MyXAML. See
http://myxaml.com for details. As an alternative you
might see if you can leverage Eclipse. (Eclipse
includes Mozilla as its HTML browser widget under
Linux.)

   - Gerald

Gerald Bauer

XUL Alliance | http://xul.sourceforge.net
United XAML  | http://xaml.sourceforge.net

Interested in hiring Gerald Bauer? Yes, I'm available.
If you know of an opportunity in Toronto or Vancouver,
please contact me today.