On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 14:16 -0400, Marc Clifton wrote:
> Two things that I think, without any justification other than gut feel.
> One, Longhorn is turning into a major debacle.  Two, XAML is dead.

I can't say I disagree.  The 'official date' of 2006 for Longhorn is
beginning to seem optimistic at best.  And XAML, well, it's going to
literally miss it's boat if it doesn't ship with Longhorn.  Between now
and then the best-of-breed of the XAML competitors (MyXAML, XUL,
hopefully Vexi, and others) will have stolen the show.  Given the poor
history Microsoft of initial versions of software being, basically,
buggy and unstable, will people want to use XAML when there are other
proven technologies out there?  And such technologies will be proven and
widespread by the time it seems that XAML will make it to market.

This, though, is good news from our perspectives.  One less behemoth to
worry about!
--
- Charlie

Charles Goodwin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>