Hello,

  Dare Obasanjo - who is the Microsoft tech lead for
the .NET XML APIs if I'm not mistaken - has written up
a blog story titled "On Compatibility Between XAML and
Xamlon".

  Dare writes:

  I've been having difficulty processing this news
over the past few days. Reading the Xamlon homepage
gives more cause for pause. The site proclaims...

  What I find interesting about this are the claims
that involve unreleased products that aren't expected
to beta until next year and ship the year afterwards.
I can understand that it is cool to claim to have
scooped Microsoft but considering that the XAML and
Longhorn are still being worked on it seems strange to
claim to have built a product that is compatible with
unreleased Microsoft products.

  Considering that XAML isn't even in beta yet, one
can expect a lot more changes to the language before
it ships in 2006. Yet Xamlon claims to be compatible
with XAML. I have no idea how the Xamlon team plans to
make good on their promise to be compatible with XAML
and Longhorn before they've even shipped but I'd love
to see what developers out there think about this
topic.

  Source:
http://www.25hoursaday.com/weblog/PermaLink.aspx?guid=64bff084-023e-49b1-a0e5-2f\
db836b284d

  What's your take? Is the Xamlon XAML compatibility
claim just a marketing ploy? Or is Microsoft starting
to spread FUD about XAML to fend off annoying startups
trying to steal the XAML show?

  - Gerald