Hello,

  allow me to highlight some comments on Microsoft's
decision to unbundle XAML from Avalon and to keep the
details of the new design secret.

  Marc Clifton (of MyXAML fame) comments:

   How is it possible that the best minds at Microsoft
can be agonizing over their XAML implementation for
months and months and get so many things so wrong?
It's incomprehensible to me, when I can write
MycroXaml
(http://www.codeproject.com/dotnet/MycroXaml.asp) in
300 lines of code and four hours. It's not rocket
science, guys.

  And Ben Cantlon from Team Xamlon comments:

  It’s a mistake for Microsoft to keep XAML spec
changes private no matter how badly they want to be
the first to ship their design.

In the past four weeks I've participated in scores of
meetings, interviews and conference calls as part of
the Xamlon press tour. This experience made it clear
that people in the broader technical community (that
is, outside of .NET leaders) are either confused about
what the heck XAML is or question its utility and
viability. Microsoft must educate developers and
others as quickly as it can.

In two weeks on press tour Xamlon did more to broaden
general understanding of XAML than Microsoft has done
in months. Our press coverage on CNET, Infoworld,
Internetnews and elsewhere helps to spread Microsoft’s
word. In addition, we at Xamlon educate in analyst
conversations, on our site, and in our forums, blogs
and documentation, to say nothing of the education
provided by a product that developers can use today.

You’ve created a compelling new development
methodology for Windows. You’ve positioned yourselves
as thought leaders with XAML. Now your job is to make
Avalon adoption a reality, and, ultimately, to sell
the operating systems behind it. Don’t spurn
invaluable assistance for the sake of ... what?

  - Gerald