> XML (and HTML) are document mark up languages. They
> perform a this task very
> well but are completely inappropriate as scripting
> languages. XUL isn't the
> only perpetrator in this regard, another classic
> example of an inappropriate
> use of XML is in ant build scripts.

I totally agree, but XUL implemented by Mozilla and
Sulu isn't a scripting language like Apache Jelly.
The XUL represent the structure of the GUI and a
programming language manipulates the DOM to manipulate
the GUI. Mozilla uses Javascript. SuZilla uses jython.
Check out Sulu and run through the short tutorial at
http://sulu.sf.net

http://today.java.net/pub/a/today/2003/06/10/jython.html.