Hello,

  Kurt Cagle has kicked off a discussion on the SVG
developers group titled "Role of XAML on SVG Group".

  Kurt writes:

  I've seen the issue about the relevancy or
appropriateness of XAML within the SVG-Dev list a
number of times, and would like to open up a
discussion here, as it may influence may own writings
as well.

  XAML is undoubtedly a technology that competes
across the board with SVG, HTML, XSL-FO, XUL, etc. I
have three questions with regards to it, however.

  1) Are people migrating from SVG to XAML (or
building XAML parallel track developments) in their
application development work?

  2) Do people on this list feel that XAML is a
worthwhile tool to be developing on, or do they fear
that IP issues will end up pulling the rug out from
under them?

  3) Should XAML be covered within the SVG-Development
list?

  I know I'm opening up a can of worms here ... it's
my intent, but I think that that the adoption of or
avoidance of XAML has become a major issue with SVG
developers and would like to get a sense for what
people think.

  Source:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.svg.devel/29301

  What's your take? Do you see people migrating from
SVG to XAML? Do you think Microsoft will use patents
on XAML and sue XAML knock offs? Do you think the SVG
community will endorse XAML? Let us know what you
think.

  - Gerald

Gerald Bauer

Rich Client Conference (RichCon) 2005 -