SVG should not get 'widgety' at all. I think Kurt implies this with his assertions about the fundamental difference between SVG and things like XUL. SVG defines primitives. Widgets are made out of a combination of primitives. For SVG to encompass widgets would be against the spirit of SVG itself, which is a schema representing the fundamental drawing primitives needed to create scalable vector graphics. I don't see the word widget in Scalable Vector Graphics. SVG is better off as it is - a standard that can be embedded in higher-level XML technologies like XUL, XAML, Vexi, Luxor, Thinlets, etc.

- Charlie

Gerald Bauer wrote:

Hello,

 Kurt Cagle (author of the Graphical Web) has written
an article titled "How 'Widgety' should SVG Get?" that
explores how SVG, XBL and XUL relate and differ.