Karthik wrote:
I have a problem with the textbox element in XUL unable to set new values to its VALUE property as it changes (As I call the onchange event)

Here's my code snippet in XUL File

<hbox>
<label value="LABEL"/>
<textbox id="txtBoxLabel" onchange="setTheNewValues()"/>
</hbox>
<hbox>
<button label="NEW TEST" onclick="setElemProps()>

This line should be the following:

| <button id="button1" label="NEW TEST" onclick="setElemProps()"/>

</hbox>

function setTheNewValues()
{

tempNewValue =
> document.getElementById("txtBoxLabel").getAttribute("value");

   Change line this to:

| tempNewValue = document.getElementById("txtBoxLabel").value;

alert(tempNewValue);
document.getElementById("button1").setAttribute("label",tempNewValue);
}

The problem is the VALUE property in TEXTBOX stays the same and does not change. Is there any refresh knid of mechanism where the moment I change
> the VALUE in TEXTBOX, the LABEL in BUTTON(button1) changes.

Yeah, for some reason the property "value" doesn't match the attribute. I think this is because you use |value| in the markup to set the initial contents of the <textbox>, so the attribute has to stay the same in order for you to obtain the initial value once the contents of the <textbox> have changed. Use the property instead, as shown in the code I gave you above.

Please Help me in this matter as its critical for a project.

Let me know if you have any further problems with this.