Hi XUL Group,

  I have a problem with the textbox element in XUL unable to set new values to
its VALUE property as it changes (As I call the onchange event)

Here's my code snippet in XUL File

                     <hbox>
                       <label value="LABEL"/>
                       <textbox id="txtBoxLabel" onchange="setTheNewValues()"/>

                     </hbox>

                     <hbox>
                     <button label="NEW TEST" onclick="setElemProps()>

                     </hbox>

IN THE .JS FILE

//Initially the values are set using a default label for BUTTON
function setElemProps()
{

document.getElementById("button1").setAttribute("label","HELLO");

}

//ON CHANGE OF TEXT IN TEXTBOX a BUTTON'S (button1) LABEL SHOULD CHANGE
ACCORDINGLY:

function setTheNewValues()
{

tempNewValue = document.getElementById("txtBoxLabel").getAttribute("value");
alert(tempNewValue);

document.getElementById("button1").setAttribute("label",tempNewValue);

}

The problem is the VALUE property in TEXTBOX stays the same and does not
change. Is there any refresh knid of mechanism where the moment I change the
VALUE in TEXTBOX, the LABEL in BUTTON(button1) changes.

Please Help me in this matter as its critical for a project.

Thanks in advance

(Karthik)