Hello,

  Chanwit Kaewkasi (from Thailind) writes in the blog
story titled "Scriptable MyXaml with NVelocity":

   I'm very impressed by MyXaml at first sight.
Creating GUI with its declarative programming style is
very useful for me. My idea is to generate .NET GUI of
Hibernate's Beans via reflection (see last post).
After surveying some template generators, I've found
CodeSmith, TahoGen, and NVelocity. I've selected
NVelocity because it's under Apache license. CodeSmith
cannot be distributed with MyXaml (because of it's
GPLed). Alternatively, you can wait for TahoGen. But
now I have a working .NET UserControl of MyXaml that
dynamic. :)

Here is a screenshot(click to enlarge):

Code snippet:

<GroupBox def:Name="grpNavBar" Text="test"
Location="8,8" Size="150,150">
  <Controls>
    #foreach ( $item in [1..3] )
      #set( $loc = $item * 25)
      <LinkLabel def:Name="lnkTest${item}" Text="test"
Location="8, $loc" Tag="Test" />
    #end
  </Controls>
</GroupBox>

  Source:
http://chanwit.blogspot.com/2004/11/scriptable-myxaml-with-nvelocity.html

  What's your take? Do you plan to use XAML templates
for code generation?

   - Gerald

Gerald Bauer
Rich Client Conference (RichCon) 2005 -