I just finished watching Star Wars Empire Strikes back and I still have
Darth Vader's theme song stuck in my head. Having said that Kurt is
probably not that far off the mark.

My guess is they'll come up swinging now that they're quickly losing
browser market share (I'm sure they're aware of all the polls out
there).

Problem is, his suggestion of getting the opposition going on this
doesn't seem likely (I'm assuming he's referring to the Open Source
community). Everybody's too busy going their own way. Having said that,
that's probably the strength for the current Web: it's a total
hodge-podge of many technologies, many organizations, many companies and
many developers.

Microsoft would have to offer one really really sweet deal for the
entire Web as we know it to fold and for everyone to move over to
XAML/.NET/Windows 200x. That would have to be the mother of all killer
apps.

(my 0.02)