Hi Sylvain,

I cc this answer to the XUpdate Developer mailing list.

On Thu, 26 Jul 2001 11:32:05 +0200 (CEST)
Sylvain Thenault <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> hello,
> I'am currently working on xmldiff, a tool for tree correction between xml
> documents.
> I'ld like to have an xupdate compatible output, but the used algorithm
> allow me to swap two sibling nodes and this modification doesn't
> exist current xupdate version.
>
> Is there a raison to this lack ?
> Should it be include in further versions ?

I wrote the same answer for the "move" method a few minutes ago:

The spec was developed to provide an easy possibility to modify an
existing document. With this premise we decided to omit the "swap"
method because one can achieve the same  with "delete" and "insert".

The spec isn't finally, so why not extending the current spec in
the future? If there serious arguments for a "swap" element I'm not
against an update.

May be it's time for a new discussion...

Lars