Bruno Chareyre said:     (by the date of Fri, 04 Jun 2010 21:21:56 +0200)

> > To detect spheres that touch the membrane I will do a Delaunay
> > triangulation of whole sample, with extra four points added.
> >
> This is already implemented in Yade, with weighted "radical" Delaunay.
> See e.g. volumicContactLaw or TesselationWrapper::addBoundingPlanes,
> where bounding planes are spheres of very big radius far away from the
> packing (distance=radius).
>
> > I suppose that eigen has Delaunay triangulation.
> No, eigen is only for basic linear algebra, but you can use CGAL.
>
> http://www.cgal.org/Manual/latest/doc_html/cgal_manual/Triangulation_3/Chapter_main.html
> http://www.cgal.org/Manual/latest/doc_html/cgal_manual/Triangulation_3_ref/Chapter_intro.html

so it is good that I have asked :) Thanks for the pointers, after I
read that I will have more questions. I want to go in this direction,
instead of doing minkowski sum.

I wonder how we could later merge that with your whole triaxial test.

A reminder - my goal here is to obtain an inclined localization due to
shearing.

--
Janek Kozicki                               http://janek.kozicki.pl/  |