On 11/29/2017 07:31 PM, Anton Gladky wrote:
The question is, how long does Yade want to support Ubuntu 14.04 LTS,
where QT5 version of libqglviewer does not exist. Another option is to
provide backport of libqglviewer-qt5-dev for Ubuntu 14.04, document it
as a mandatory package for Yade and drop Qt4 support completely.
Hi Anton,
I'm not sure I get all aspects of your question but I would tend to choose the energy-minimizing solution. For binary packages (I guess it is your main question) I don't think it is worth it to support 14.04 if it needs more efforts. Backporting libqglviewer, typically, is a waste of time since we are in the tail of 14.04. For the moment the 14.04 binary builds without problems, so let it be. If in the futur some changes become painful because of Qt4 we can just drop 14.04 support at that point.
Would it be reasonable?

In my mind, this is not really related to the resurected comment. I found the comment more useful for people _compiling_ on 14.04 (and possibly on other exotic distros, clusters, etc.) as a pointer to a potential source of trouble.

Cheers

Bruno