Question #216096 on Yade changed:

Luc Sibille proposed the following answer:
Hi,
ThreeDTriaxialEngine derives from TriaxialStressController and this latter
engine has been modernized I think since the last use of this script. Hence,
amongst others I imagine the variable sigma_iso has been removed during this
modernisation. Consequently, the script you are using should be updated to take
into account this change.

Besides, I think that ThreeDTriaxialEngine is now more or less useless because
today TriaxialStressController can do what ThreeDTriaxialEngine was doing.
Consequently you should use TriaxialStressController with the help of this
exemple for instance
 /examples/triax-tutorial/script-session1.py  (in Yade trunk).

Finally, I think that when you want to do 2D simulations with Yade which
is actually 3D, you need to do some adjustments (not done apparently in
the script you want to use). For instance you need to re-compute the
mass of the particles as cylinders with a length equal to unity (and not
as a sphere).

Luc