Question #293247 on Yade changed:

Hi Jonathan,

currently you can have only one instance (thus one set of parameters) of
p2_FrictMat_FrictMat_MindlinPhys. If needed, it could be modified to
distinguish between sphere-sphere and sphere-box interactions, but it would
need some coding and probably would be a bit hacky..

Do you have more boxes in your simulation? If no, I would use box instead
of polyhedra.

cheers
Jan

question293...@answers.launchpad.net>:

> New question #293247 on Yade:
>
> Hi everybody!
>
> I'm trying to simulate a box falling on a cylindrical pack of spheres. The
> spheres have coefficient of restitution = .1 and the box has a COR = .6.
> For the spheres I have used Ip2_FrictMat_FrictMat_MindlinPhys(en=.1,es=.1)
> . As regard the box, I would like to use the same but if I write:
>
> [p2_FrictMat_FrictMat_MindlinPhys(en=.1,es=.1),p2_FrictMat_FrictMat_MindlinPhys(en=.6,es=.6)]
> the former properties are overwritten by the latter.
>
>  The box is made using utils.polyhedron().
>
> I have also used Ip2_FrictMat_PolyhedraMat_CundallStrack(), but I cannot
> set the COR.
>
> Can someone help me,please?
>
> Thank you :)
>
> --
> You received this question notification because your team yade-users is
> an answer contact for Yade.

an answer contact for Yade.