Question #293471 on Yade changed:

Hi Mohsen,

randomDensePack creates packing with minimal but existing overlaps. you can
check it by

for i in O.interactions: print i.geom.penetrationDepth

Not to create any cohesive interactions, use value less than 1 for
intRadius. Furthermore, check [1] and make it something like 1 in Ip2.

cheers
Jan

[1]
https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html#yade.wrapper.Ip2_CpmMat_CpmMat_CpmPhys.cohesiveThresholdIter

> New question #293471 on Yade:
>
> In the name of god
> Hello all
> I want to simulate a gravity deposition. The particles are generated in a
> circular predicate. If FrictMat is used, there is no problem and the
> particles flow freely on the horizontal wall; But in the case of CpmMat, it
> seems that the bonds between particles is made.
> With regarding to this point that i have setted intRadius = 1 and there is
> no initial overlap, why bonds between particles are made?
>
> ########
> from yade import pack
>
> mat=CpmMat(young=1e9,neverDamage=True,epsCrackOnset=1e-2)
> O.materials.append(mat)
>
> ###generating circular predicate and filling with spheres
>
> pred=pack.inCylinder(centerBottom=(0.5,0.5,0),centerTop=(0.5,0.5,1),radius=.25)
> spheres=pack.randomDensePack(pred,spheresInCell=500,radius=.55e-1)
> O.bodies.append(spheres)
>
> O.bodies.append(wall(-0.1,axis=2))
>
> intRadius = 1
>
> O.engines = [
> ForceResetter(),
>
> InsertionSortCollider([Bo1_Sphere_Aabb(aabbEnlargeFactor=intRadius,label='is2aabb'),Bo1_Wall_Aabb()]),
> InteractionLoop(
>
> [Ig2_Sphere_Sphere_ScGeom(interactionDetectionFactor=intRadius,label='ss2d3dg'),Ig2_Wall_Sphere_ScGeom()],
> [Ip2_CpmMat_CpmMat_CpmPhys()],
> [Law2_ScGeom_CpmPhys_Cpm()]
> ),
> NewtonIntegrator(gravity=(0,0,-10),damping=0.5)
> ]
> O.dt = 0
> O.step()
> is2aabb.aabbEnlargeFactor = 1.
> ss2d3dg.interactionDetectionFactor = 1.
>
> O.dt=.5*PWaveTimeStep()
>

> --
> You received this question notification because your team yade-users is
> an answer contact for Yade.

an answer contact for Yade.