Question #655490 on Yade changed:

Hello,

I would say the main question is if DEM is suitable for this kind
problem. The specific software comes afterwards. Do you know if somebody
else have already used DEM for your problem?

To get better answer, please tell us more about your problem (some
figure, expected results, typical dimensions, velocities, times...). Is
heat transfer involved in your problem (seeing "heating" in your
question)?

>From the description I don't think Yade and DEM in general is the right
direction. Probably a FEM code that supports contact elements would be a
better choice.

cheers
Jan

an answer contact for Yade.