New question #665293 on Yade:

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to add to my simulation the Law2_ScGeom_CapillaryPhys_Capillarity
engine, but I am facing some problems with the tuning of some parameters.
>From the wiki page about the capillary force model [1], I read about the set
>of 10 files to be generated in order to make the engine work. When analysing
>the given matlab scripts to generate them, I wasn't able to fully understand
>one of the adjustable parameters, that is to say the so-called "rRatioVec".
>Does it represent the ratio between the curvature radii? Is its lenght (i.e.
>10, corresponding to the number of generated files) adjustable? Should I tune
>the ratio values following my own simulation conditions? (e.g. considering my
>own value of contact angle?)
Moreover, I couldn't understand why in the given example of a YADE script
implementing the capillary force [2], the capillary pressure is set to 10k
through the following command:

Isn't the capillary pressure value discretized and changed through the
Young-Laplace equation solution scripts? I can't understand the reason why it
should be fixed, since during the liquid bridge strecthing its value should
change, shouldn't it?

I hope I made myself clear, thank you very much with any possible help!

Giovanni Lorenzon

an answer contact for Yade.

Mailing list:
Post to     :