Question #665514 on Yade changed:

Nicolas Godet is still having a problem:
Hello,

About PFV, I thought about two ideas:
1) We could define each X iterations an 3D volume/box based on the shape of the
flowing material and set the boundary conditions.  The main question is: Does
FlowEngine accept complex boxes ?
Also, I think it is very very expensive in term of CPU computation...
2) The other idea is to define an indicator (0 or 1) based on the volume of the
interstitial pore. With this indicator, I could define the air phase  and the
fluid phase. The problem may be the discontinuity at the interface.

Concerning the periodic box, I am not sure if I can use that. Indeed,  how can
I compute the front of the flowing material ?
The idea is also to study the impact on an obstacle.

HydroForceEngine also uses periodic boundary conditions. Is it the only
way to use this engine or is it possible to realize a release as I
planned to do ?

Regards,
Nicolas

an answer contact for Yade.