Question #669206 on Yade changed: https://answers.launchpad.net/yade/+question/669206
Description changed to: I use the latest version of yade-daily to import some complex polyhedral geometries from stl files using the "ymport" module and I keep getting memory corruption errors (malloc(): memory corruption (fast): 0x00000000046ee478). I have seen some older posts on memory allocation- related problems, but still don't know how to overcome mine. In every run, a different number of grains is "ymported" before I get the error and then the programm either shuts or stucks. In the latter case, the CPU core that implements the specific task stays stuck at 100%. For the sake of easy reproduceability, I created a simplified version of the script, importing the same grain-shape several times (instead of importing many different shapes). You can find this shape in the link (https://www.dropbox.com/s/sdw0x32t0rgg7be/grainShape.stl?dl=0) and in the following lines the simplified version of the script I use to reproduce the error. Any help is welcome! # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # Packages from yade import plot, polyhedra_utils,export,pack,ymport, qt from yade.wrapper import * import math import numpy as np # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # Materials m = PolyhedraMat() m.density = 1.750 #ton/m^3 m.young = 1e5 #kPa m.poisson = 0.15 m.frictionAngle = 0.6 #rad # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # Shapes-Objects for i in range(500): t=ymport.textPolyhedra('grainShape.stl', m, shift=Vector3(i*0.001, 0, 0), scale=1, orientation=Quaternion((1, 0, 0), 0)) O.bodies.append(t) # print i qt.View() #qt.Controller() O.saveTmp() # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # The error I get can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p1uazlruxq1st3z/Yadedaily%20error.txt?dl=0 Thank you in advance! Vasileios -- You received this question notification because your team yade-users is an answer contact for Yade. _______________________________________________ Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~yade-users Post to : [email protected] Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~yade-users More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

