Question #669206 on Yade changed: https://answers.launchpad.net/yade/+question/669206
Bruno Chareyre proposed the following answer: I can give indications if you want to touch some CGAL code. I think the convex hull section you mention is indeed the right place to start checking what happens. Since it is a rather robust library I doubt it fails on standard point sets, most probably the problem is due to some special cases which were not anticipated when manipulating the returned values of CGAL (point duplicates? concavity?). It would help to compile in debug mode to know the crashing line precisely, or even to execute line by line and inspect the variables at runtime. However there may be a much tougher problem than CGAL crashing on concave or complex point sets. The Polyhedra model as a whole is assuming convex shapes. Having a function letting you impose facets to CGAL instead of using convex hull should not be too difficult. However it would let you define concave shapes while the contact algorithms are just not ready for that. That's where most of the work would be. I think the PFacet module is more flexible on this regard and should enable concave shapes (plus it will not give spurious changes of stiffness when crossing edges or vertices of the polyhedral surfaces). I hope it helps Bruno -- You received this question notification because your team yade-users is an answer contact for Yade. _______________________________________________ Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~yade-users Post to : [email protected] Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~yade-users More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

