Question #682290 on Yade changed:

Jérôme Duriez proposed the following answer:
Hi,

As far as I'm concerned I did not completely get your objectives/question,
sorry..
Just to rephrase the doc, and in your example of 3 mask values assigned to
particles (0b10 = "blue", or 0b01 = "green", or 0b11 = "red"), and a with
collider.avoidSelfInteractionMask = 0b00:

blue particles would not interact with other blue particles,
green particles would not interact with green particles,
and all other interactions would be possible.

(Assuming collider is defined e.g. as the label of the collider instance
in your O.engines, which does not seem to be the case in the Python
lines you showed us here)

an answer contact for Yade.